read the printed word!

Saturday, October 22, 2005

Movin on up

I submitted my last column last night.

I've had a monthly column in our local daily newspaper for the last two years. Every couple years they put out a call for some new blood, and now there's a new editor to boot. In other words, she didn't pick me before, so I don't think my chances of being picked again are very good. They even extended the deadline, to encourage more applicants. Which leads me to believe she is not going to renew any of the current crop.

Oh well, it was a good learning experience. I've got two years' worth of clips, even one reprint. Some nice feedback from readers.

Time to move on. And up!

3 comments:

Running2Ks said...

I hope it isn't your last. But darned if I know what she's looking for either.

Perpetual Chocoholic said...

It's a sign. Bigger better things to come! A best seller of some sort. One door closes and another opens!

Anonymous said...

It sounds like it's time to pass on to other adventures