read the printed word!

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Where's Everybody Goin?

Late to the party again.

Apparently, on my momwriters (tm) list there was a big to do that started last week, and everybody was in an uproar over the weekend, and I'm still figuring out what happened. As if the parade went by at full speed and I'm still watching for the Garfield balloon.

Life happens (yes, I actually have one), I miss a few emails, and all hell breaks loose. Hurt feelings and anger fly around me, nothing really touching me. At first, I thought it was mainly a few members who were probably going to be leaving anyway. But jumping around on some blogs, there's a real division going on, and I'm torn as to what to do.

Should I stay or should I go? Maybe try out a few more writers lists? Maybe dump the whole "online community" idea since I'm such a failure at keeping up anyway. Would I even be missed?

My good friend recently told me at one point she spent up to 5 HOURS a day keeping up with her blogroll. I'm lucky if I can spare 20 minutes to catch up on email, scan a couple blogs, maybe post on my own (maybe not).

Maybe I should go back to x-stitching my evenings away, and leave this internet stuff for the young insomniacs.

So did I miss the Garfield balloon?

2 comments:

Running2Ks said...

Tell me how to do it in 20 minutes. I mean it. I am obviously doing this wrong ;)

Perpetual Chocoholic said...

If you quit the blog I am too. I don't want to be the only chocolate person on it. I'll feel like that much more the looser. I'm enjoying your posts. Please don't leave!!!!!!!!!!!!