read the printed word!

Saturday, January 14, 2006

Morning Coffee

I've just had a good long (uninterrupted!) night's sleep (it's an event to be celebrated) and now I sit here, my mind still not awake, just a blank slate, waiting for the day to start.

No coffee yet, cause that's just a command, like "Gentlemen, start your engines!" and then the brain floods with ideas and plans and all kinds of tid bits that don't fit together and I try to write them down as fast as I can before I get interrupted by the family ruckus.

No, right now I can just look out the sliders and watch the sky clearing and think "what a beautiful morning" and not be inundated with the rest of the world. There's a sprinkling of snow left on the grass, and I know later I'll be asked to make a snowman out of it. But for now it lies untouched, like my brain before coffee.

A moment in time that comes to pass all too quickly. I hear them coming ... better get my coffee!

2 comments:

Running2Ks said...

You should just throw candy to the opposite side of the room to lure them away ;) LOL!

Perpetual Chocoholic said...

lol running2ks. problem is that only distracts them for a blink of time.

Hi Patti! I've got my 3 year old hooked on Starbucks. We go for "coffee" some mornings and it's something I crave regularly. I don't mind having her there, she sits quietly and drinks her hot chocolate and I get time to "people watch" and tune out for a while. I'm tuned out much of the day...but usually at other times there's someone talking to me.