read the printed word!

Thursday, January 05, 2006

There's No Place Like Home

It's good to be home. After more than two weeks of travelling with the family, in the car, it is so good to be home. Now I can catch up on piles of laundry, mail and email, (and take down the Christmas decorations) and get back to the routine of family living.

And start homeschooling. Yep, today's the day I have waited for since we made the Big Decision last fall. Am I ready? Well, as ready as I'll ever be. Is the Big Boy ready? He spent the last couple of weeks telling all his relatives how great it was going to be ... now it's the real thing.

It may take us a few days to wind down from the Family Holiday Road Trip, but it has been a good transition period, and I think we're ready. Nobody wants to get back in the car today anyway ... might as well school at home!

There's definitely no place like home ... for school!

2 comments:

Running2Ks said...

You know my saying: home is where the school is!

Welcome back!

Perpetual Chocoholic said...

WOW! You are a brave, brave woman! Stock up on chocolate for that extra little pick me up you may need during the day!

Happy New Year, and enjoy the new role!