read the printed word!

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Going on a Dinosaur Hunt

Sometimes, being stubborn pays off.


I purchased some new software for the kiddos at the beginning of summer. One in particular, Dinosaur Hunter, was a special request. So of course that would be the one to have issues with installation.


I installed, error message, uninstalled, shut down and restart ... over and over and over. Turns out the issues are "Known Issues", and the web site pleasantly directed me to a simple patch that, once downloaded and properly installed, should fix the problem.


So, close all other Windows applications (I think!), disable anti-virus (with fingers crossed), download the simple patch that will fix all my problems and install. Only it seemed to just ignore all attempts to actually install. Back to install, error message, shut down and restart and try again. And again. In a different order. Into a different folder. Log in as a different user and try everything all over again.


For three hours. Yes, I am THAT stubborn. And Dinosaur Hunter is working properly now.




So we headed out for our daily trip to Target. Where we were greeted by this little beauty, on a young teenaged girly flanked by two little sisters and a pair of clueless parents.



I really wish I had a picture of the Peanut's face as she walked by. Poor kid was speechless!

No comments: