read the printed word!

Friday, January 06, 2012

Baseball? Already?


January is full-on basketball season around here, as in Bulls Basketball. And the beginning of baseball.

What? Baseball in January? Yes, and in February? Yes, yes. It's called Winter Training Camp. And the season starts in March, so after a Christmas Break filled with XBOX, well ... winter training camp is sounding like a good idea. Wish they had it when I was a kid.

Of course, I was busy with actual winter sports during the winter months. Like figure skating ... come to think of it, that actually stretched out to include almost an entire school year. But NEVER as long as Hockey Season, which I believe now covers 11 months of the year (I think they get July off, but don't quote me on it. I will never be a Hockey Mom).

Let's Play Ball!

No comments: