read the printed word!

Monday, March 05, 2007

The Runaround

It was inevitable. My addiction to cookies has caught up to me. Actually, it caught up to me several years ago, but I've been using the children as an excuse, and stretchy pants to keep the lie alive. I've been on the treadmill runaround for over a year now, and nothing has worked to trim off the excess fat.

It's taken me awhile to acknowledge that it is indeed FAT. Yes, that fat lady reflected in the window is ME, not some stranger following me. But it's not like I'm not trying to do something about it. In January I joined the Y and started going 3 days a week. In February I bumped it up to 5-6 days a week. Now I've called in a personal trainer to get things moving in the right direction.

And I've gained 4 pounds.

But I WILL NOT GIVE UP! The cookies have got to go, sorry boys. Lil Bubba will have to go back to snacking on bits of cardboard, and Buddy will have to ... wait, he doesn't eat anything anyway, I'm the one who ate all the cookies! (And poor deprived dh will have to just hide his snacks someplace I can't reach!)

There's a new bathing suit hanging on my closet door and I am going to wear it in 9 weeks. It's go time!

1 comment:

Perpetual Chocoholic said...

you and me both....I mean loose weight, not get into the same bathing suit.

BTW...the 4lbs you gained must all be muscle! Not fat.