read the printed word!

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Most people don’t hear fictional characters having conversations inside their heads.



Oh, and I suppose that also means that most people aren't woken up in the middle of the night by these fictional characters and their conversations, begging to be heard, demanding the podium. Sure, I knew that.


I was up anyway. Because most people know enough not to drink coffee before bed. I'm just not most people. Sometimes that's good, sometimes not-so-great.

Most of the time I go my own way, never bothering to look back and see if anyone is following. And when it doesn't work out, I turn around and go another way. Am I a good role model for my children?

I think the little swamp monsters were going to go their own way, no matter what I do. And sometimes I just like to follow at a safe distance.

1 comment:

Perpetual Chocoholic said...

I hear fictional characters talking in my head. Too bad that they aren't interesting enough to actually make it to paper. They usually start their discussions when I'm biking. Same ones every time, but never have anything interesting to say.