read the printed word!

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Sucked In

It was a nice summer, wasn't it? I wish it wasn't over, but really ... school starting, Labor Day, political conventions ...

Yes, I was sucked in. I watched. I actually turned on the TV to watch politicians give speeches. I must be getting old. Actually, I just wanted to be able to laugh at the Daily Show and the Colbert Report, and so it was homework.

I really do try to stay informed. Not totally interested, just a bit more informed than the next guy (not much effort there). I have to keep up with DH when he wants to discuss issues and candidates and stuff like that. But my real beef is with Fox News. They have to talk over the convention and give their smug opinions all through the convention. No, I'm strictly a PBS gal. They stay respectfully quiet. (Key word: Respectful)

Anyway, I've got to hand it to McCain for really shaking things up. If anyone doubted his ego, how totally out of touch with reality he is, well, he really showed us now. I may have rolled my eyes at the "audacity of hope" line, because we can only hope as far as the corporate sponsors are willing to let us. But really, picking a right-wing ultra-conservative and thinking that she's going to steal away all the disgruntled Hillary supporters? Because, like, females don't really study the issues at all, do we? We're all about the shoes. And change... change is good.

And, for the record, I LIKED Hillary's outfit. I also liked the movie Speed Racer. And I like that word, "audacity". I think we're going to be hearing that one a little more ...

No comments: