read the printed word!

Monday, April 24, 2023


 (gratuitous puppy pic)


I'm still spending a lot of time away from home and pups and children (who are technically grown up but they're still my children, just taller and they drive). Even as the seasons are changing, Spring is here.

Been skimming old journals for nuggets of brilliance amongst the ramblings. Found a few that made me chuckle (How many times do I have to search Vegan to get you to understand I don't eat meat and do not need any recipes for "game"?!!!)

An old poem (don't judge, just enjoy!)

Standing out on the stoop
Waiting for Milo to poop
the grass is wet
don't hesitate
Just get out there and poop de doop!

Words of wisdom: 

Don't let the weights get dusty.

Done is better than perfect.

The bad always screams louder. Kindness is quiet.

Train the doggies.

And over and over again: Again, I'm the weirdo.

Sometimes said in a voice of triumph, more often explaining why I was left out of something, an event, a discussion, a judgement from someone. It's been a life long habit, explaining away other people's reactions as something wrong with me. Or sometime embracing it, as a long term goal: I AM THE WEIRDO.

I'm going with it. The older I get, the less offensive it is to onlookers and innocent bystanders anyway. More like waving a flag for my people.

So the morning pages, ramblings of a newly single mom of teenagers, has some value still. And of course, my current journals, which stay unread for now, should hold some nuggets I can come back to in a time far into the future. Or maybe in just a couple of years.

Either way, done is better than perfect.


No comments: