read the printed word!

Saturday, May 06, 2006

It's Not My Fault ... Really!

I'm feeling a bit like a jinx.

First Steven Tyler. Now Keith Richards. Who's next?

Let me explain. This past year I finally got to see two of the greatest rock bands still touring after all these years. I don't know how I missed them before (yeah I do, something like MONEY getting in the way) but now I'm finally working on my list of Concerts To See Before They Retire (or die, but really, who wants to think of that?)

So then, not too long after seeing Aerosmith LIVE and being all amazed that they can still do all that rock star stuff and sing and play and ... well. Amazed. And then, Mr. Tyler came down with a bit of a throat problem. A big enough problem that he actually had to cancel shows. WHOA! That may have been my last chance to see them. I hope not, but you never know.

Recently, after many attempts over the last several years, I scored tickets to see the Rolling Stones. Another AMAZING show (in my humble opinion, which is what this blog is so please go on). Again, thinking they're not getting any younger, wow, this could be my last chance. And by the way, I'm not getting any younger, either.

And here we have Keith Richards, recovering from a head injury. Well, at least he doesn't have to have brain surgery, I read today. And so far, there's no plans to cancel any upcoming shows. At least not yet.

Just wondering who's next ...

(Madonna!)

No comments: