read the printed word!

Thursday, May 03, 2007

They had me at Bon Jovi

They got me, again.

I had fallen off the bandwagon. I thought I was over it. I didn't need my fix any more. Actually, that kid that's on the cover of every magazine even though he has no more talent than your average teenager who likes to sing (no I am not going to print his name here!), well, he pretty much ruined it for me. And big name guests like Peter Noone and Christina Aguilera couldn't help except to make things worse.

Thanks to media saturation, I was sick of American Idol before the season actually started. All that mean and nasty audition business (like auditions should be nice and polite, eh?) and the "controversy" being touted as the biggest news story of the day ... day after day after day. Ah, but that's another rant for another day.

And it's easy to reminisce about past AI finalists, how much better they all were ... are. Hey, I'll just get some of their new releases and be done with it all. I liked Chris Daughtry best, anyway.

But no. I am addicted to American Idol. Again. Thank You Bon Jovi.

My favorite, Phil, went down in a Blaze of Glory. Couldn't get any better than that, especially since he took Chris with him. (I'm realistic, I knew he couldn't win)

And now, we have our Three Divas ... and Blake. Your guess is as good as mine, but at least we have ourselves a competition now that the circus is over. And now, sorry boys, but I've got the big TV when American Idol is on.

I think I hear another Grammy ...

No comments: