read the printed word!

Friday, October 31, 2008

Totally Done and Moving On

... to Nano. Yes, it starts Saturday. I will be here at the puter, typing away ... exactly what I have no idea. OK, I have about 10 ideas. I have until tomorrow to pick one, or at least narrow it down so I'm actually writing one novel.

So about 6am I will sit the butt in chair and stare at the blank screen. Until 2000 words miraculously appear. And then on Sunday, somehow I will plop the butt into the chair and attempt to add another 2000 words ... and so on, and so on, until there is a total of 50,000 (or more) and I can finally call myself a Nano Winner, and not merely a participant, which means total and complete failure. That, I am familiar with.

Nowhere in the rules does it say anything about actually having to be good. It can be total crap, as long as I make my word count. I can do that. I think. Sure, no problem. Sounds like fun, doesn't it?

1 comment:

Perpetual Chocoholic said...

So, how did it go?